Wow! I cannot believe I have not done any posting this year at all. I skipped so many things. Just to bring you all up to date we are doing well...busy as ever. One of our new year goals is to be healthier. Jason wanted a treadmill so bad, so I got us one for Christmas. We've been trying to exercise and eat better. I've been really into cooking and eating well lately. We've started a few new things. A friend of mine gave me some kefir grains. I won't go into details now, but it contains probiotics, like yogurt, but is even better for you. If you want to look more into it you can check out wikipedia.
We have also started juicing, which is what this post is all about. I've never liked the gross amount of unrecognizable ingredients and preservatives that are in things these days. If you wouldn't put it in your own food at home why would you want to buy things with it in it?
So. I will share with you the juice recipe I came up with yesterday...
You'll need:
2 apples
About 6-8 strawberries
1 lime
1 kiwi
I washed the fruit first. Then Cut the apples in quarters. I put all the fruit in with the skin on. The skin has a lot of nutrients
Setup your juicer and don't forget to put a glass under the spout before juicing.
I start with the fruits that yield the least juice. That way the juicier fruits push the rest of the juice out.
Stir, pour yourself a glass, and enjoy! The sooner you drink the juice the better. It loses nutrients as time passes. Drinking it within 15 minutes is ideal. But you can put it in the fridge for a day or two and it should be fine.

2 comments:
That looks really good, actually. My doctor told me months ago that I need to juice my greens, but I don't have a juicer, so I've just been trying to eat more veggies in general and have tried a lot of green smoothies. Do you have any vegetable related juicing recipes? And how much was your juicer?
That looks good! What fun, I want a juicer now. :)
Post a Comment