Tuesday, September 21, 2010

More Home Improvements!

Jason and I have kept on tackling all sorts of house project and I am finally feeling a sense of home within the walls of our house.  One super quick project has been done while we are working on many others.  I have been wanting to get an entry way light but there are all so expensive.  All the ones we saw were starting at $150 and went into the high 200's. So because of the price we have been putting it off.  Plus, it wasn't the first thing on our mind with the very very long list of needed improvements.  But when we were shopping at Costco we came across a beautiful light for only $70!  Killer deal!  So we got it and of course we couldn't wait to put it up!  Our light was SO HIDEOUS!! Ugly! Now it looks so much better and we have so much more light where it once felt dark. Here is the before and after!

BEFORE 


AFTER



Much better! I figured I would give a few sneak peaks at a couple other project that will soon be done.
Bathroom:




Bedroom (crown molding)



Once completed I will definitely include the full before and afters!  I can't wait! After these two are done our next projects will be canned lights throughout the house (Jason's department) and I will be working on refinishing a bed frame and dresser!  Fun stuff! 

3 comments:

d.jo said...

Wow! Nice work! It makes such a difference to add crown molding, and I love the new light!

Fawn Harris said...

looks very cute good job Jason.

Grant said...

I love reading about all your home improvements. Everything looks great. Jason is quite the handy man.