Tuesday: After my work we left for Las Vegas. Jason's mom was nice enough to come with us. She and Jason picked me up from work and we headed to Vegas. We got there at about 1AM (technically wednesday)
WEDNESDAY: We woke up to this beautiful view out of our hotel window. We then went to the pre-operative appointment where they did an EKG and Blood work. We didn't get breakfast before our appointment due to time constraints. So Jason passed out after them taking blood. Poor husby. That night we decided to go have a little fun before surgery the next day. So we went to The Hardrock Cafe


THURSDAY: Surgery day. Jason had surgery at 8am. Here he is suited up for surgery. I was a little teary eyed saying goodbye as they were rolling him into the operation room.
He made it. Here he is in the car coming home from surgery.

Thursday in the evening I had to fly home to get to work on Friday while Jason and his Mom stayed. He was required to stay in town for 24 hours after surgery to get a post-operative appointment.
FRIDAY: Jason and Mom went to the post-operative appointment and everything was fine. The surgery went well and he was doing as good as could be the day after going under the knife. After the appointment Jason's mom drove him home.
Now it is just time for recovery. It has been a week since surgery and it was a little rough. But he is doing much much better now minus a little pain.
5 comments:
Wow- that doesn't sound like fun! But it's great that you found a place they would do it- living without insurance is a bummer for sure.
Nice pictures.. Ya it was a fun
trip... =)
I'm so glad that you were able to have the surgery done Jason. I remember you talking about how painful the hernia was..I say "was." So nice it's over and you all are back home safe. See ya soon..GrandmaJ
Holy cow! $5,000 is still a TON of money! I hope that it works with no complications whatsoever. We'll send up some prayers for you guys!
Thank you all.
Post a Comment